wtorek, 9 września 2014

The Big Bang Theory – Penny gives acting lesson to Sheldon

Nauczenie aktorstwa samo w sobie jest trudnym zadaniem. Nauczanie aktorstwa Sheldona wprowadza dodatkowy „reason why I’m drink”.


Sheldon: Penny! Penny! Penny!
Penny: What's wrong?
Sheldon: Nothing. I was acting.
Penny:  You were acting.
Sheldon:  Yes. In preparation for today's studies, I read Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares", Stella Adler's "The Technique of Acting", Uta Hagen's "Respect for Acting", and Henry Winkler's "Ayyy, I'm an Actor".
Penny: Well, good for you. Come on in.



Sheldon: How shall we begin?
Penny: Well, I thought we'd start with some basic movement exercises. You know, get our bodies warmed up a little.
Sheldon: All right.
Penny: So I just want you to relax and kind of move around in the space. You know, just do whatever feels natural. Sheldon?
Sheldon: You said to do whatever feels natural. This feels natural. Certainly more natural than what you're doing.
Penny: Come on, you got to work with me. We need to get connected with our bodies.
Sheldon: Penny, my body and I have a relationship that works best when we maintain a cool, wary distance from each other.
Penny:  All right, let's just say we've warmed up.
Sheldon: You're the "teacher."

Penny: Okay. One of the things that might help you in connecting with your students is being a little more spontaneous. So why don't we try some improvisation?
Sheldon: Why not? It seems like you're improvising your entire curriculum.
Penny: This is all about listening and responding.
Sheldon: Gotcha.
Penny: I'm going to create a character and a situation, and you just jump in when you feel it.
Sheldon: All right.
Penny: All right.
Sheldon: Action.
Penny:  Okay, it's not a movie. It's improv. So no one calls "action."
Sheldon: Hey, you taught me something. Who would have thought it?

Penny: No, the shipment has not arrived, and I really need those shoes. They are my biggest seller. Yes, ladies sizes six through ten. Thank you. Oh, sorry. I have to go. I have a customer. Bye-bye. Hi. Can I help you?
Sheldon: I'd like a frozen yogurt, please.
Penny: Yogurt? Yeah. Okay, sure. Luckily, we sell both shoes and yogurt here.
Sheldon: You do?
Penny: Yes. Look up at the sign, and remember, improv is always about saying yes.
Sheldon: All right. Yes. I see a sign. It says "Camarillo State Mental Hospital."
Penny: What?
Sheldon: It's the only explanation I can come up with for why you think you sell shoes and yogurt.

Penny: Okay, you know what? Let's just try a different improv. Uh..  Oh, this time we will be two winos living under a freeway overpass.
Sheldon: Oh, and we're going to use props?
Penny: You bet. I had dreams, you know. I was gonna be famous. Show everybody back home I could be someone. Now look at me. Want some?
Sheldon: You have any frozen yogurt?

to move around – przesuwać się, przemieszczać się
to maintain - utrzymywać
wary – ostrożny, przezorny
to come up with sth – znaleźć coś, znajdować coś
winos – slang. pijacy
overpass – wiadukt, kładka
props – rekwizyty
you bet – pot. no chyba! no raczej!

Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz