środa, 3 września 2014

The Big Bang Theory, The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification, s04e02

Bieganie to ciężka sprawa. Można albo biegać jak Sheldon uzbrojonym w technikę, albo biegać. Like a bunny:


Sheldon:  I'm also planning to begin an exercise regimen designed to strengthen my cardiovascular system. AKA jogging.
Penny: Wait. Honey, have you ever run before?
Sheldon:  Certainly. I've run from bullies, dogs, angry chickens and one particularly persistent P.E. teacher determined to bend me over and give me a scoliosis test.
Howard: You're right. Penny jogs. Maybe you guys can run together.


Sheldon:  That's an excellent idea. If we chat, it will create the illusion of time going faster.
Penny: No, it won't. Hey, how does he know I jog?
Howard: Oh, he watches you from his car with high-powered binoculars.
Penny: Oh, my God, that is so creepy!
Howard: I know! And he says he's not gonna stop. Then see a shrink and figure out how to talk to women.


Sheldon:  Penny! Penny! Penny!
Penny: Coming, coming. Hey, nice knees.
Sheldon:  Thank you. They're my mother's.
Penny: And the Flash shirt is what? Because, what, you're gonna run really fast?
Sheldon:  No, the Flash shirt is because it's Friday, but it's nice when things work out. Where's your heart rate monitor?
Penny: I don't have one.
Sheldon:  What about your pedometer?
Penny: Don't have one.
Sheldon:  Do you have telematics in your shoes connected to an iPod?


Penny: Uh, no.
Sheldon:  What do you do, you just go out there and gambol about like a bunny?
Penny: No. I just run till I'm hungry, then I stop for a bear claw.
Sheldon:  Why are you doing that?
Penny: It's good to stretch your muscles before you run.
Sheldon:  All right.
Penny: Hey, let's start with a toe touch.
Penny: Okay, you do it.
Sheldon:  I am doing it.
Penny: Oh. Wow. Good job. Okay, um, can you do this?
Sheldon:  We'll never know.
Penny: Okay, let's just warm up on the run.
Sheldon:  Okay.
Penny: Okay, let's go.
Sheldon:  I've been reading up on biomechanics. I think you'll be surprised at my...
Penny: Oh, my God, are you okay?
Sheldon:  I think so.
Penny: Oh, let me help you up.
Sheldon:  Thank you.
Penny: Oh, Sheldon!
Sheldon:  If it makes you feel any better, Thursday is no longer Cruciferous Vegetable Night.

regimen – ogólnie: zasady odżywania i ćwiczenia gimanastyczne
cardiovascular system – system krwionośny
AKA – also known as
persistent – trwały, uporczywy
to bend over/down – schylać się
creepy – straszny, przerażający
shrink – psychoanalityk, psychiatra
to figure out – zrozumieć, wymyślić, wykombinować
to work out – generalnie rozwiązać, rozpracować coś, tu bardziej współpracować
pedometer - krokomierz
telematics – telematyka (Wikipedia)
to gambol - hasać

bear claw – odmina ciasta z owocami, dla mnie bliżej nieokreślona ;)

Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz