niedziela, 7 września 2014

Scrubs, Dr. Cox, People Are Bastards

Dr. Perry Cox z serialu Scrubs, czyli najkrótsza charakterystyka człowieka.


Dr. Bob Kelso: Oh, Dr. Clock. Uh, look, I'm afraid I wasn't being honest with you before. In my job, it seems like I'm always the bad guy. Hard as this is to admit, it gets to me sometimes. The point is, the antidepressants I asked you to prescribe weren't for my wife, they were for me.
Dr. Molly Clock: Oh, I understand. So what dosage are you on?

Dr. Bob Kelso wife Where are my Fig Newtons, Bob?!
Dr. Bob Kelso: I'm getting them, dear!

Dr. Bob Kelso:  About half a Newton?
Dr. Molly Clock: No dice



Dr. Molly Clock: Hey!
Dr. Perry Cox: Boy, oh boy, does it look like you pissed off the wrong guy there, crunchy. And trust me, he'll make you pay.
Dr. Molly Clock: Oh, Dr. Kelso's all bluster. Underneath it all, I bet he's a sweetheart.
Dr. Perry Cox: No, no. Underneath it all, he is pure evil.
Dr. Molly Clock: Perry, no one's pure evil! I mean, yeah, some people have a hard outer shell, but inside, everybody has a creamy center.
Dr. Perry Cox: There are plenty of people here on this particular planet who are hard on the outside and hard on the inside.

Dr. Molly Clock: So they'd have more of a nougaty center?

Dr. Perry Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists... who walk around vomiting sunshine.
Dr. Molly Clock: I'm touching your creamy center!
Dr. Perry Cox: Ohh, I am... so very angry... that I'm going to find someone to kill... just to prove her wrong.

to admit – przyznawać, przyznawać się
to prescribe – przepisywać, zalecać
dosage - dawka
no dice – niemożliwe, nie zdarzy się, odmowa na prośbę (samo dice – kostka do gry)

to piss off – odpieprzyć się (popularne po programach z Gordonem Ramsayem)
to be pissed off with sth/sb – być wkurwionym na coś/kogoś
crunchy – chrupka, chrupki, adj chrupiący
bluster – gwałtowne zachowywanie się, awanturowanie się, rzucanie się.
underneath – pod spodem
bastard – bękart, sykinsyn, drań
to coat – powlekać (np. powłoką)
bobble-headed – bobblehead ta taka figurka z głową nieproporcjonalnie większą od reszty ciała


Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz