wtorek, 4 czerwca 2013

3rd Rock From the Sun, Much Ado About Dick, Dr Slutbunny.



Mary Albright, profesor na uniwersytecie i Dick Salomon, kosmita, szef misji, sypiają ze sobą, co stało się tajemnicą przysłowiowego poliszynela. Mary tym się martwi. Dick mniej.

3rd Rock From the Sun - s02e05 - Much Ado About Dick
Trzecia Planeta od Słońca - 02x05 


Mary: This is a disaster, Dick. Everybody's talking about us.
Dick: Oh, we're back to that again.
Mary: You just don't understand. I've worked hard to be taken seriously. There was a time when I had a reputation.
Dick: For excellence?

Mary: Well, yes. But in a very specific category. When I was a young professor on the fast track, there were things that I did.
Dick: What were you doing?
Mary: The dean.
Dick: Is that like the Watusi?
Mary: Sometimes. There was this very prestigious job opening.
Dick: Did you get it?

Mary: No, I didn't get the job, but I did get a nickname - Dr. Mary Slutbunny.
Dick: Well, there's your silver lining.
Mary: You just don't get it, do you? When a man has an office romance, it doesn't affect his career. But when a woman has one, no one takes her seriously.
Dick: I don't understand.
Mary: I don't expect you to. I need to be alone tonight.
Dick: But I'm not like that. I take you seriously Dr. Slutbunny!

excellence – doskonałość;
track – ślad, trop, tor; tu: związany z amerykańskim systemem stopni naukowych;
dean – dziekan;
watusi – amerykański taniec z lat sześćdziesiątych;
silver lining – optymizm, pozytywne myślenie;


Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz