piątek, 17 maja 2013

The Big Bang Theory, The Apology Insufficiency, Sheldon and FBI agent

Aby dostać jakieś rządowe zlecenie (nie pamiętam o co dokłądnie chodziło) FBI przeprowadza wywiad środowiskowy związany z Howardem Wolowitzem. Spotkanie Sheldona Coopera z agentką FBI wypadło błyskotliwie. A dodatkowo w scence pojawiło się kilka angielskich zwrotów, które mogą okazać się dość przydatne „in real life” (zgodnie z sugestią dodatkowo oznaczone w dialogach, na zielono – dzięki):

The Big Bang Theory - The Apology Insufficiency - s04e07 - Sheldon and FBI agent
Teoria Wielkiego Podrywu – scena z Sheldonem I agentką FBI



Dialogi ze scenki, z zaznaczonymi co ciekawszymi miejscami dla celów nauki:


Leonard: Want to get that?
Sheldon: Not particularly.
Leonard: Could you get that?
Sheldon: I suppose I could if I were asked.
Leonard: Would you please get that?
Sheldon: Of course. Why do you have to make things so complicated?


Agent Page: Dr. Cooper?
Sheldon: Yes.
Agent Page: I'm Special Agent Page, FBI.
Sheldon: You <i>say</i> you're Special Agent Page, FBI.
Agent Page: Here's my I.D.
Sheldon: And here is my… Justice League membership card. But that doesn't prove I know Batman.
Agent Page: I just want to (wanna) ask you a few questions about Howard Wolowitz.
Sheldon: Oh. All right. I doubt anyone would risk the stiff penalties for impersonating a federal officer just to ask questions about a minor league engineer with an unresolved Oedipal complex.
Agent Page: Thank you.
Sheldon: For the record, I truly support the FBI in the mission which is expressed through their motto...?
Agent Page: Fidelity, bravery, integrity.
Sheldon: Correct. Now to business. 18 years ago, I sent the FBI Crime Lab samples from a bag of excrement that had been lit on fire on my front porch... ...for fingerprinting and DNA analysis. Why haven't I heard back yet?
Agent Page: Well, the FBI Crime Lab does have a lot on its plate.
Sheldon: That's of little comfort to a nation attempting to scrape burning feces off its shoes.


Agent Page: Would you mind if we talked about Mr. Wolowitz now?
Sheldon: A little, but go on.
Agent Page: Thank you. Would you characterize him as responsible?
Sheldon: I'm going to answer that with a visual aid. This is my nine-disc complete 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy Blu-ray set. Mr. Wolowitz borrowed it, damaged plastic retention hub number three... ...and then returned it to me, hoping I wouldn't notice. Would you characterize that as responsible?
Agent Page: That's really not the sort of thing we're interested in.
Sheldon: You heard me say Blu-ray, right?
Agent Page: I did.
Sheldon: Very well. Would you be interested in knowing that Mr. Wolowitz once snuck onto my World of Warcraft account and changed the name of a certain level-80 warlock from Sheldor to Smeldor?

Agent Page: I'm afraid not. Is there anything else?
Sheldon: 'Is there anything else?' Where would you like to start? He refuses to pay fines when he's overdue with books I lend him. He crashed the Mars Rover while attempting to impress a woman. He recommended that I go see the third 'Matrix' movie because it was, and I quote: 'just as good as the first one'. If that's not irresponsible, I don't know what is.
Agent Page: The Mars Rover?
Sheldon: Did I say Mars Rover?
Agent Page: You did.
Sheldon: That was actually a poorly chosen example, as it had nothing to do with me.
Agent Page: Yes, well, let's talk about it anyway.
Sheldon: I don't want to. Not that my disinclination to discuss the topic should be interpreted as evidence of Howard Wolowitz's culpability in the destruction of government property worth millions of dollars.
Agent Page: Thank you, Dr. Cooper. I think I have all I need.
Sheldon: Oh, good. I was afraid you were going to fixate on that Mars Rover incident.


for the record - do publikacji, oficjalnie;
to have a lot of one's plate - mieć dużo do zrobienia.
snuck (wygląda na jakąś formę zza oceanu) to sneak onto sth - włamywać się na konto, to sneak into/out sth - wkradać się do czegoś/wymykać się z czegoś
disinclination- niechęć
culpability- wina;
to fixate on sth - wlepiać się w coś, przykładać szczególną uwagę do czegoś



Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz